Monday, June 23, 2008

Sunday Mornings Won't Be The Same

This was an email I sent the day Tim Russert passed.

It’s just past the close of the workday on Friday, and you’ve probably heard by now that Tim Russert, host of Meet the Press died today of a heart attack. Tim was 58 years old.

My Sunday mornings won’t be the same.

And I love Sunday mornings. I don’t know about you, but I take them slow. Real slow. I still like waking up early, but I really try and enjoy my morning. I’ll even go to church Sunday evenings to make my mornings longer.

Once I brew a fresh cup of Starbucks coffee, I’ll tune in to the Meet the Press. I enjoy politics and even though I don’t have cable, I try to stay up on what’s going on.

Tim was known for being a hard hitting, tough interviewer. I loved his due diligence and preparation for the show. He always had done his homework and had his arguments and challenges were ready to go. He’d pull quotes from years and years back to challenge the guests on his show. Regardless of the guest or topic I knew I would see a great interview and learn something on whatever it is they were talking about.

If you wanted to make it in the political world you’d have to go through Tim. And of all of the anchors out there, I believe he was one of the few that were truly bipartisan. He was criticized from both sides. And praised by both sides. He was always fair and worked tirelessly straight down the middle.

Tim Russert will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

But this has to make you think…

Tim was only 58 years old. To me, he looked young, vibrant and full of life. His passion truly showed through his work and book he wrote. Sure, he also looked liked he carried a few extra pounds. But did it really come to this?

It was reported he collapsed and died of a heart attack. Attempts for revival were unsuccessful. I still can’t even believe it.

So it makes you think…life is precious. Life is short. And any one of us could go tomorrow. I’m not trying to sound gruesome, but just facing the reality of it.

I just spoke with my bookkeeper whose husband went in for shoulder surgery only to find out he needed heart surgery. Stint and angioplasty. Just like that.

This is for real. Don’t think you’re bullet proof.

As a health and fitness professional I have to wonder if he was in good health. Did he have a family history of heart disease? Or was his weight, diet and exercise the contributing factors to his health?

I’ve coached hundreds of committed men and woman to lose weight, burn unwanted body fat and increase strength. In addition to those goals, every single one of them makes that commitment for the long term health benefits as well. It’s usually not top of mind unless you’ve just experienced a heart attack or some other sort of immediate risk. And seeing Tim pass so early in life should make you think. It should make you concerned.

Are you taking steps to prevent a heart attack at 38, 48, or 58 years old? Or are you living on a direct path to a future like Tim’s?

With every ounce of motivation that I can muster for you, I hope and encourage you to take the preventative path. Please look at this seriously. This is YOUR LIFE we’re talking about. 58 years old is too young.

Do you need a fitness coach to help you? No. Not necessarily. You don’t have to go to the doctor if you have a pain in your knee. But will it help? Of course.

It’s the quickest, surest way to guaranteed results possible. If you’re ready...or you think you might be, then request a complimentary consultation here. If you’re not, then request our complete infopack. Regardless, please do something now. Don’t put yourself in a position of woulda, shoulda, coulda.

To your health and success,

Tim Chudy
Fitness Together

P.S. 58 years old is too young. Heck, 78 years old is too young. Start taking preventative measures NOW! Start exercising and cleaning up your diet. You can find a lot of immediately usable information at our website, www.ftladue.com. But if you need help, please call us.
blog comments powered by Disqus