Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How Well Do You Know Yourself? (A New Year's Resolution Tip)

How well do you know yourself?

Over the weekend I was talking to a couple of friends
I haven't seen in awhile and New Year's resolutions
came up.

One of them, Elise, a woman with both southern
hospitatliy and a southern draw, laughed and
said, "I made those for all of two years. Then I
stopped because I know myself too well. I never
do them."

That perked my ears because as a fitness professional
I hear of so many people making New Year's resolutions.
What's worse is I hear of so many people dropping those
resolutions around mid January.

Health, fitness, nutrition, weight loss, and so many other
related topics are at the top of New Year's resolutions.
Every year people make it a point to get healthier, eat better,
lose some weight...and the list goes on.

So what's on your resolution list?

Whatever it is, do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt
that it will stick? I mean, how well do you know yourself?

If you HATE working out and HATE doing it in front of other
people, why should you even consider joining a gym to lose
weight or get in shape? Don't you know yourself better than that?

I think Plato said it best, "Know thyself".

It's profound advice. But if you decide to make a New Year's
resolution, put it to use. Because it will be the differnce
between success and failure.

In this month's Richly Rewarding Living Newsletter I give you
a helpful process to make those resolutions stick.
Look for it to arrive this week. And if you haven't subscribed,
you can do so here.

To your fitness success,
Tim Chudy

P.S. If you would like help making a resolution that is
GUARANTEED to stick you can request a complimentary
health and fitness consultation by clicking here.
blog comments powered by Disqus